Thursday, December 13, 2007

Frustration

I get really upset and angry whenever Gabriel misbehaves. He cannot fully vocalise his needs and wants when it comes to playing with his cousins. So, whenever something he doesn't like happens, he hits or pushes. It can be anything from a toy being snatched away from him to not wanting to share. It can also be triggered when one sibling cousin hits the other, then he will go the "rescue", either defending one or hitting the other. It drives me crazy as I shout at him most of the time, from telling him "no" to this and that, to isolating him from his cousins whenever he misbehaves.

I need some quiet time, so we go back to our own home at Bedok half the week for me to recuperate and maintain my sanity and also for him to have some quiet moments by himself. He is really an angel when we're back there.

Somehow when we go back to his Mama's house the rest of the week, he's at his worst. He starts screaming, chasing, jumping off cushions and chairs, throwing toys, hitting and pushing. My blood pressure shoots sky high and no wonder my hormones are going haywire. Imagine if I have to scream at him the whole time everyday. I will go mad! And I will probably opt to go back to work as soon as my leave ends... that will be another blog entry that I've been postponing. I've been told many times that it's part of growing up and also being a BOY! Truth be told, it is really difficult being a good parent especially when different household rules apply under the same roof.

Ultimately, we can tell that Gabriel is simply trying to get into his cousins' circle of friendship, toys, affection and the like. He tries his best to follow anything his elder cousins do. Gabriel will try to copy and follow everything. Imagine crawling on the floor going "goo goo".. and having all three on their knees crawling around and lying down pretending to be babies. Or speaking some foreign tongue and making fun of it like, "Hello Poo Poo" when he sees me. And the next thing you know, Gabriel does that the whole week.

Daddy : "The wheels of the bus go..."
Gabriel : "Poo Poo Poooooo .... Poo Poo Pooooo.... Poo Poo Pooooo...."

or

Gabriel (singing) : "Our Father in Heaven, holy be your Poo Poooo..."

Frustrating....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home