Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Three

Gabriel's favourite phrases these days - "I don't want (something) (a person)", "I don't like (something) (a person)" and "I don't want to talk to you." His outburst of negativity happens so often especially when he is upset and angry about something, and is often directed to our immediate family members. This upsets us a lot and we don't exactly know how to deal with it. Often, we would threaten, scold and even smack him. Not the "textbook" way to handle your child but we really do not know what to do. Soft approach or the hard way, we've done all that.

So, the constant question we have for ourselves is - "What did we go wrong?" Is this just a phase and it will pass? If it is, I hope it will end soon.

Three is so much more challenging than Two. :(

2 Comments:

At 12:49 AM, October 02, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mummy

Dont scare me!! My girls are only two and Im having lots of problems handling them. I cant imagine how its going to be like when they turn three!

 
At 10:55 PM, October 02, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

For such problems, I usually turn to my reference book: Positive Discipline A-Z.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home