Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Desperate Housewife?

It's been a year already, me being a SAHM. How do I like it? I enjoyed it very much, and still am. I love being the first to witness Gabriel doing his "firsts". He is already walking and enjoying that very much. He is babbling a lot more now and many words do sound familiar. Exciting huh? So, I am being asked by everyone I know... what's next? Am I going back to work? My leave is ending soon, mid-October. If so, what is going to happen to Gabriel?

Sigh... I've been pondering about his future for a while already. I do miss teaching and sometimes the kids, but most of all the relationship I had with my colleagues. (Whether I like it or not, being home for so long made me lose touch with many things. We can never find the right time to meet and catch up which saddens me sometimes.) I miss the spending power I had then, not having to think so much when I spend money which I was earning. I feel guilty buying things which are not necessary these days knowing that dearie has to work so hard for the money I spend.

Sometimes I do feel that I am losing myself as a person. I am a wife to dearie and a mother to Gabriel. But what am I to myself? Am I shortchanging myself from being what I have yet to discover? Am I becoming a lesser person than I should be? I don't know and I am still trying to figure out. Don't get me wrong here. I do love being a wife and a mother. I just feel that maybe I can play another role besides that.

Anyway, there was no option to whether I am going back to work or not. The only option was whether to quit or extend my leave. Being a SAHM is the best career move for me, for now at least.








In my second trimester, hollidaying in Perth.














How can I trade this with anything? :)

1 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, August 24, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dear...
I catch myself thinking the exact same thoughts as you sometimes, esp on those crazy days when everything goes wrong. Its really tough being a wife, mother, daughter, daughter-in-law, sister and friend all rolled into one and yet still have your own identity.
But then i look at terelle and everything becomes worth the while (wah propaganda! heehee...) I tell myself that i can always go back to work later when she is older, but i can never relive her growing up moments.
Maybe u can find some way to earn some spare cash? When u have some monetary independence, it does a great deal for your self esteem. ;)
Gimme a beep when ure free and we can gripe about our "woes" over kopi or something.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home