Friday, September 01, 2006

Happy Teachers' Day!!

Happy Happy Teachers' Day to all the teachers out there... especially to all my friends who are very much dedicated and committed to this profession.

I haven't stepped into a classroom for more than a year already. And it is really wonderful that my ex-pupils from the first few years of teaching still remember me. In fact I think they remember me more than those I taught in the recent years. Strange huh? I guess I've touched more lives back then when I was younger and was full of zest and vigour.

Anyhow, I am still a teacher now. Just to a different group of pupils. My son, my nephew and my niece. Different kind of teaching, and back to basics. Nursery rhymes, basic vocab and grammar, saying yes and no (corresponding them to nodding and shaking of heads), answering all the "whys" from Nigel, etc, etc. Fun and still challenging at times.

2 Comments:

At 4:16 AM, September 02, 2006 , Blogger The Gadget Daddy said...

Happy Teachers' Day, Mummy! You're my favouritest teacher of all time!
I love you!
Gabriel (your youngest student)

 
At 8:46 PM, September 04, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Teachers'Day To My Friend, Bih Ye.

From,
Lau

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home